Monday 2 May 2011

Election Projection for this Evening

Here's my projection for this evening:

CPC - 145 Seats, 37%.
NDP - 81 Seats, 28%.
LIB - 58 Seats, 22%.
BQ - 24 Seats, 6%.
GRN - 0 Seats, 6%.

I expect this evening to see the Conservatives hold onto their position as a minority government, however that isn't the real story of this election campaign.  The Liberals' position as the official opposition will be taken by the New Democrats, while the Bloc will have been humbled in Quebec.  I do not expect May to win Saanich-Gulf Islands, nor do I expect Arthur and Guergis to win in Pontneuf-Jacques-Cartier and Simcoe-Grey respectively.  The obvious point of interest in this election will be the replacement of the Liberals as the Centre-left party with the New Democrats, whose final seat total for the most part will depend on how well they do amongst Francophones in Quebec.  Many Liberals are expecting that they'll be able to pull out second place, but I doubt this and I think many Liberals do as well.

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment